Wednesday, May 05, 2010

How to diet at McDonalds

Here's a snippet of an actual discussion I had the other day at work:

Friend A: "So, when I'm dieting and go to McDonalds, I like to have a grilled chicken. They're grilled chicken actually tastes really good."

Friend B: "When I go to McDonalds I have the yogurt. It's like eating dessert. What do you do, Rick."

Me: "When I go to McDonalds, I eat a Big Mac, Large fries and a Coke."

Friend A and B in unison: "What!"

Friend B: "How do you lose weight if you do that?"

Me: "I'm certainly not gonna go to Micky D's expecting to eat good. If I go there, I'm gonna enjoy myself. If you give up all fun stuff all the time, you'll never succeed at any diet."

Actually, the bodyforlife diet that I usually do allows you for one free day per week. You can eat anything you want, regardless of how bad it is for you. That's why I love this diet so much. And, even with a free day, I've lost 40 plus pounds 4 times now.

Yes, I know what you're saying: I did gain my weight back all those times. But that's not because of the free day. It's because I CHOSE to stop being good. It's because life happens.

So my advice to dieting at McDonalds is: eat unhealthy and have fun while doing it. That's what I did yesterday when I took my kids out for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment