Saturday, June 26, 2010

Super peripheral vision

My eye doctor told me during our last appointment that one of his past patients had the surgery to fix his wandering eye, and when he realized what it did to him he was pissed.

That's right, he got his eyes fixed and he was ticked off. That's because he was a football player, and he was a running back. Before his eye surgery he had super vision. While he wasn't able to focus in on what was right in front of him, he could see peripherally like a super hero -- like no one else.

After his surgery he lost this super peripheral vision, and it effected his game. I've noticed for quite a while I've had super peripheral vision, although I don't think I'll mind losing it. As of right now, I find that I'm unable to see in 3D like most people do.

In fact, the other day I was playing catch with my son and for the first time I saw double. I saw two Jordan's. This only happened because I worked the night before and was really tired -- yet I didn't like it. I had to quit. I didn't want to get donked in the head because I couldn't decide which Jordan was tossing the ball.

I'm working now, and I don't imagine I'll want to sleep much tomorrow. So I wonder if that double vision beast will return. To be honest, it's really not that big a deal. Although it's going to be nice once it's corrected.

At least writing positively like this gets my mind off the anxiety that I'm going to have my eye cut open. Believe it or not I actually watched the video of the surgery as you can see here. Eeek, don't watch it if you're actually gonna have this surgery like I did. It just ads to the anxiety of having surgery.

It's really not that big of a deal. I've had it done three times already, although the last one lasted 25 years. If this one lasts 25 years I'll be good to go. If not I'm gonna just deal with it, because this is the last time I'm going through with this. I've had enough interventions already in my short 40 years.

Basically it results in one day with my eyes shut with a good dose of phenergan and vicodin in my system. I had to ask for the phenergan because post op nausea is something that I've experienced in the past, and I think nausea was worse than actual pain or discomfort.

Pretty soon my super vision will be neutralized, and probably for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment