Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Tooting my own horn

Your question:  As a health activist you are a front-facing leader.  What do you imagine you look like to your readers?  What qualities do you possess.  It's ok to toot your own horn today -- you hav efull permission to indulge.  And don't hold back.  

My humble answer: I think the best description of my writing comes from my good friend and former co-worker Jane Sage.  She put it best when she wrote:

"First of all, John doesn't see himself as a health activist.  He sees himself more of as a philosopher.  He comes up with ideas for others to use in their activism.  His is a fun, pithy writer.  He's to asthma what Mitch Album is to the sports column.  Album is a pithy, fun sports writer.  He was the most award winning sports writer of his era, winning sports columnist of the year for over a decade.  Rick's readers see Rick as having the ability to make complex things about asthma simple.  His readers also see me as having a knack for finding humor and optimism in an otherwise life altering disease we call asthma.  If there was an annual award for best lung blog, Rick would most surely win."

For the above I am most truly humbled.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment