Friday, July 02, 2010

Strabismus: day #2

For those of you thinking about having strabismus surgery in the future, I just want you to know that while you'll probably want to lie around with your eyes shut the day of your surgery, day #2 is much better.

I actually woke up this morning feeling normal, except for a slight itch in my right eye. Actually,most of the itch was gone once I finally took the patch off.

I still had a slight headache for a while this morning, although 1 vicoden took care of that. Basically I've taken one vicoden every 4-6 hours today just to make sure my headache from last night, the one that felt like my head was going to implode or explode, from coming back. I don't know if I can handle that kind of headache again.

The neat thing was as soon as I took the patch off, and picked the yellow crusties out, or at least as many as I dared to try, my eyed popped open and I can see quite well. I still do have to do quite a bit of squinting, and I have my operated on eye shut much of the time (especially when I'm exposed to bright light) I can actually get around quite well.

Yet due to the vicoden, I am still a little woozy. Of course that could also be because I've spent the better part of the past 2 days sitting and lying around.

I have actually gotten quite a bit of writing done today. The computer screen must not be to bad for me to tolerate. Although I can see the words, they are still blurry, even if I look through my good eye.

So while I have a ways to go yet to get back to normal, I'm feeling overall quite good. I've been able to play with my kids a little, although it's a bit of a job to discipline them. So I've left that to the wifey poo.

So, day #2, so far, a good day. Although I have my fingers crossed it stays this way, as I can feel that monster in my head -- just barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment