Sunday, September 01, 2013

Asthma update: 2 days after first ER visit in 16 years

So my wife woke up around 2 p.m., her late arousal due to her working 3rd shift last night, and she pokes her head into the garage where I'm sitting in a chair, watching both the Tigers on TV and my little tykes bounce in the bounce house, and play in the kiddie pool. 

She says, "So, how's your asthma?"

Me says, with a smile, "The same."

"Are you still taking Q1 hour treatments?"

"Yep." 

"So you're the asthma expert.  If you were giving yourself advice, what advice would you give?"

"Go back to the ER."

"So are you gonna?"

"Nope."

"Nope, hey?"

" I don't want to have to explain how my asthma isn't normal again, only to get lectured about how I shouldn't use my ventolin so often.  No thanks. Besides, I'm already on steroids, so what else can they do for me.  I'll just wait until Tuesday when (my Internist) will be in his office, and hope I can get in."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Well, as you can see, I still cleaned the house and the garage."

"Yeah, looks nice."

"Thanks."

"Chez," she says, and closes the door.  

So that's my asthma update.  

No comments:

Post a Comment