Monday, December 21, 2015

Happy New Year's Day

Well, not really. But I'm pretending it is so I can start eating better...

I explained yesterday how I'm getting back on the John for Life treadmill. That's actually not completely true.  I have been exercising on a regular basis since July.  I actually lost 20 pounds within the next two months.  The problem is that, once the kids started school, my diet took a back seat.  So, the truth is, I'm actually getting back on the diet. It's the diet I've been sucking at. 

But, like I said, it's the diet, I think, that gets screwed up when you work swing shift.  Now that I'm on all days I'm hoping I should be able to stick to my diet better.  I mean, I know it's going to be a lot of work, but hopefully it should be somewhat easier now.  

So, the good news is I'm not terribly out of shape. It's not like I'm starting from scratch.  I just need to motivate myself to avoid the chips, the cookies, the cakes and the pies.  And this is hard -- another excuse -- when you have kids and they get to eat normal. 

That said, today is my New Year's day.  Today is the day I'm getting back on the workout and eat healthy wagon, rather than waiting for 2016 to get here. If I don't do this I'm probably going to gain five more pounds before I start, and that would not be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment