Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hardluck Asthma: a top 10 asthma blog

Wow, I was surfing the net and I came upon the top 10 asthma blogs of 2012, and this blog was listed.  I imagine I was informed of this a while back, although I've been so busy working, raising a family, and blogging that I must have overlooked it.  It was over at healthline.com.

I really love what they wrote about my blog:
The asthma dad/asthmatic blogger at Hardluck Asthma keeps the punches rolling. This funny, informative blog keeps readers “Inhaling Lung Wisdom” with every post. He offers personal stories and a thorough, well-researched history of asthma and related lung conditions. One of the most educational and unique blogs on asthma, Hardluck Asthma blends innovative takes on asthma lore with true tales of hard-knock asthma history. From here, hop to the author’s other blogs – all great reads, all with a touch of asthma flair. 
I just want to say thanks to all my readers for inspiring me to go on with this.  Every time I read something like this, every time I hear kind words from my readers (fellow asthmatics and non-asthmatics alike), it encourages me to keep breathing forward. 

I suppose if my blog were a book, this would be a perfect fit for my back cover.  I think I'll have to find a place to stick this in my about page. 

A quote here is fitting.   
Kind words are more effective than the best of gifts, and if you are really concerned, you will give both. (Sirach 18:17)
Thanks everyone, and have a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. My blog was listed on the top 10 asthma blogs of 2012 too, but I wasn't notified either. Looks like the listing was created in August, I just happened to stumble across it too when reviewing stats for my blog.
    Glad we all can share a passion of asthma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you on my top 10 list of people I've met on the Internet I'd like to meet some day. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete